Friday, October 20, 2006

Something is Wrong

Going over my story lines and various quests and sub quests the other day, I started thinking that something was wrong. Quite frankly what I was trying to achieve with my main quest was turning out to be rather boring and uninspirational. Rather than scrap the whole project, I decided to take a look at it from a different angle. Before I had been focusing on making a module for the Last War. Well... that just doesn't work. I mean anyone who has the ECS knows exactly what is going to happen and when. That doesn't make for an exciting mod. So I started asking myself several questions:
  1. Why choose Eberron in general (and the Last War specifically) as a setting location for my NWN2 module? What is going to make such a module special?
  2. What game elements are going to make it feel like this module is actually set in the world of Eberron?
  3. How is this a story about Heroes?

I started writing this blog to help me direct the thoughts I was having about this module, and so far I'm not disappointed with it. Over the next several days, I'm going to try and answer the questions I posed above (both to myself, and to anyone else who might be reading this). Hopefully the module I'm designing will benefit from it.

No comments: