Monday, November 27, 2006

Cutscene Solution

I think I have a solution to my cutscene problems. With some prodigious camera placement, and a little creativity on space I think I can squeeze 2 to 3 combat scenes, as well as 1 or 2 (faked up) indoor shots into a single area. Then the area loads, and I walk the PCs through each of the various story points. When the intro is done, then the PCs are shunted off to the starting area (the Brelish Camp). That only leaves me with two area loads, one on entering the intro, and one on leaving it. I think I can live with that.

By the way, the armors you are seeing are made specifically for the cutscene. I want to show a battle between Galifar I's forces and the remnants of his opposition. The previous armor was for Galifar I's soldiers. The armor today is Daskaran scale (Daskara being the name for the nation of Thrane before it was conquered).

No comments: