Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My First Area


Well I've spent the last two nights messing around with area creation, and I can only say that I hope it gets better from here. The base camp for PCs during the early part of the module will be a Brelish military encampment on the outskirts of Mishann's Crown. I tossed my first attempt, because things just weren't flowing right. I can't stress how important it is to have a drawn design for the areas you want to create... however even that doesn't help if you refuse to look at them during design ;). Never fear I've learned my lesson.

The picture above is the culmination of about 2 hours of work last night. I estimate I'm about 10% done with the area. I really hope things go faster, but I can tell you that I am already starting to get the hang of the new toolset, and am picking up several tricks to area creation. My second attempt at designing the Brelish Camp went much smoother than my first.

Right now I've just got the command tents in place. I still need to add the soldier's tents, supplies, and several sections of ancient ruins.

No comments: