Friday, November 24, 2006

Walkmesh Problems Solved


I finally solved my walkmesh problems. It took some rearranging of the three various campsites in the area, but I think I have something usable now. The image should be very similar to the one I posted yesterday, but if you look closely, you should be able to spot the differences. The only other real problem I ran into is that the walkmeshes for the two large military tents (in the lower right hand portion of the image) are backwards. Where the tent shows an opening, the walkmesh shows a wall, and vica versa. It's an obvious bug, and I'll wait for a fix. The walk around is, of course, to enter the tents from the rear.


The area itself is now probably about 40% done. My daughter spent a few hours helping me to place various mundane objects in some of the command tents. I have no problem with the swords, and armors, and other implements of war that might be in a soldier's camp, but leave it up to a little girl to ask, "What are they going to eat?" She's been a big help in making the area seem more real.


I'm going to try switching gears now and start working on one of the introduction cut scenes. I've never done a cut scene before, so we'll see just how painful this gets. Hopefully there are some helpful sites out there that can walk me through the difficulties I am sure to have.

No comments: