Saturday, November 25, 2006

Dragon's Crown

I had this idea that I would be able to use cutscenes in order to give the player a sort of introduction movie before the module starts. Something that outline the roles of rulers like Karrn the Conqueror, Galifar I, and all the way out to King Jarot, that will give the players some background on how the Last War starts and why.

Come to find out, cutscenes in NWN2 are driven by conversations. That means that my plans for jumping around from one great battle to the next, and into and out of throne rooms, is almost busted for sure. For one thing, you would have to wait for each of the various areas to load before their cutscenes played out. Well... the whole idea needs rethinking now.
In the meantime I will continue to plug away at my module. I want to create a few more of the important outdoor areas before I begin to populate them (either with NPC or with encounters).

No comments: